On Monday 23 February 2009, Gregor Skrt wrote:
>    1.   Where can I find a good tutorial or set of examples for
>       embeding  matplotlib in Tkinter ?
>    2. Problem: I created a simple test with Tkinter. First I plot my
>       graph on __init__ (it works ok). Then I want to clear graph and
>       plot on the same canvas with different parameters. The thing is
>       that plot shows up only when I resize my window. Any idea what
>       could I be doing wrong ? I was trying draw method but it doasn't
>       work...
>

> Here is my code:
>
> Thanks for your help. Gregor Skrt

Here are a few links for item #1 in your list.  I'm not yet skilled enough
to quickly answer #2.  In summary, information about Tkinter is scattered
about in various places:)--at least my take on it.

Here are two links to get you started:

http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/TkinterSummary.html

This page has quite a few links to resources on Tkinter:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter

There is a complete book on the subject by Grayson, that is
from 2000.  All the examples were online the last time I checked (
some years ago).  Also there are used book copies for about $60 US that
can be found from the wiki.python.org link.

I am planning to get back into Tkinter soon.  I have developed a
time-series plotting package but have not touched it in almost two
years:(  Thus I have to re-learn a few things because I wasn't an
expert when I had to move to other things--things that earned me
billable hours!

One final observation:  I find GUI programming to be a challenge but a lot
of fun.  However, it takes time, at least for me, to work out many of the
details.  However, matplotlib is an excellent tool to put at the heart of
anything used to plot technical data.  Almost all of my software development
from 1963 on has been in Fortran.  Still working on getting my "mind wrapped"
around object-oriented software and Python:)  Python is my platform of choice
for any GUI development that I do.  I find it a fantastic language!!

Hope this helps your.

                         Delbert