Hi,

I have a simple script that plots x,y vals in an animation called anim.py

data = read('data.dat')

for i in range(10):
    plot(data[:,0], data[:,1])

I am using ipython -pylab but when I do run anim.py it doesn't show
anything until I say show().  On the other hand, if I do one of these
plotting commands from the ipython terminal it shows up right away.
It seems that everything works fine once one thing has been plotted
from the ipython command line.  Is there any way to fix this so that
it plots right away as expected?

Thanks,
Jon.