Hi,

I am looking to have ipython pause to show me a figure and wait for me
to press a key before it updates the figure.  I see that raw_input()
does not let the figure update presumably because it blocks the gui
thread.  On the other hand, pylab.waitforbuttonpress works but only
takes keys that were sent to the gui.  I would love to be able to
press enter or something on the ipython command prompt to allow the
script to continue.  Is this possible?

I was thinking that it might be possible to use timeouts to keep
switching between the window and the console looking for input.  Any
ideas here?

Thanks,
Jonathan.