Pau <vim.u...@googlemail.com> writes:

> I have made a plot and, when I try to save it as eps/ps, I get the
> error "float argument required" in a pop-up window, whilst the
> terminal shows this error message:
>
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtk.py:1054:
> GtkWarning: Unable to find default local directory monitor type
>  if self.run() != int(gtk.RESPONSE_OK):

It seems that you are using the GTK backend. Have you tried this with
other backends, e.g. GTKAgg? If saving works with other backends, this
is likely a bug in the non-Agg GTK backend.

> I can save it as pdf, but the quality is not what I want. The curves
> do not have the thickness I gave them.

This could be a difference between the non-Agg GTK rendering and the
rest of the backends, or it could be a bug in the PDF backend. I would
be interested in seeing your script, especially if there is a difference
between PDF and Agg-based backends.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks