Hi there,

I'm using matplotlib (version 0.98.5.2) to generate a couple of bar-
charts for a website.
Until now I've not been able to find a way set the x axis to a fixed
range.

Suppose my data is turnover per hour. Now: If there is zero turnover
at the beginning
or the end of a period matplotlib omits that value and limits the
xrange so that non-zero
hours reside on the edges which would be confusing for the users.

This is the code:
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
fig = plt.figure(figsize=(5,4),dpi=72)
ax = fig.add_subplot(111)
ax.set_ylabel('EUR')
ax.set_xlabel('Hour')
ax.set_xlim((1,24))
ax.bar(data.keys(),data.values(),width=1,align='center')
fig.savefig(filename)

I searched the docs but I didn't find anything that could fix my
problem.
It would be great if anybody knew (and told me) what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

Till Backhaus