On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Esmail <ebo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ryan May wrote:
> >
> > Try this:
> >

> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/simple_anim_gtk.html
> >
> > (If not gtk, there are other examples there.)
>
> Thanks Ryan, that'll give me some idea with regard to the animation,
> and real-time drawings.
>
> Any idea if it's possible to finish a Python program but still have the
> graph showing?
>
> FWIW, I'm doing this under Linux.

You'd have to run the plotting in a separate process from the computation.
subprocess would let you do that, assuming you can spin off a child task
that stays alive when the parent exits.  You'd also need to get the
computing process to give new results to the child plot, maybe using a pipe
(which I think subprocess can handle as well.)

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant