Hello,

So far, I have been spending many nice hours using matplotlib from within an
IPython shell. However, the number of variables that are inside my session
is getting higher the more I deep into data analysis. As a result I want to
go one step further and carry my efforts on integrating matplotlib with a
GUI as is shown similar in the uploaded screenshot (
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1046/cplot.png).

I know wxPython or PyQt seems way to go on this issue. But (there is always
this but :) there is Chaco on the Enthought side and with nicely and simply
integration with Traits and Traits UI.

Are there anybody in the group that design a similar tool for their
scientific data analysis needs? Could I get some insight into this? Any
recommendations or pointers? Why's and why not's?

Thank you

Gökhan