Hi Bala,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 13:40, Bala subramanian
<bala.biophys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
> I started pylab with ipython -pylab

I think it would help if you can also specify what version of ipython
and matplotlib you're using, as long as what backend is configured to
be used.

> After some time, i did
>
> In [21]: import matplotlib
> Warning: Timeout for mainloop thread exceeded
> switching to nonthreaded mode (until mainloop wakes up again)
>
> Why this warning comes ?

I think this is something related to the graphical backend used, or
maybe a mixture from the default one and the one set by hand in this
session.

Regards,