John Hunter wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jdh2...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         ...but I'd like more feedback from the author or users of
>         fill_between
>         before committing that change.  (That, and Eric Firing can
>         probably find
>         a much more efficient way to do the masked array manipulation... ;)
>

>     I'm working on a patch for this now....but I would also like Eric to
>     take a look when I am done since I am a masked array dummy

John,

The way you did it looked OK; but since I was looking at it, I went
ahead and did some rearranging and condensation to try to make the whole
thing (not just the mask handling) read better. I doubt there are any
significant performance differences, but I did not test that. I also
added a subplot to the fill_between.py demo to illustrate the mask
handling.  Then I noticed a flaw in the demo plots, and added a note
about it.  See revision 7071.

Eric