Hi

In one part of my script I plot some lines
and assign labels to the lines.

Later in the script I create a figure legend.

How do I get the labels, that I assigned at plot-time, to
be used in the legend?  Currently I am manually
specifying the legend labels.

# Plot some lines ... set values for the labels
ax.plot(r.date, r.FSA, label='FSA-Load-Pct')
ax.plot(r.date, r.FSB, label='FSB-Load-Pct')
ax.plot(r.date, r.Heap, label='Heap-Use-Pct')
.
.
.
.
.
# now setup the legend for the figure
# It would be nice to be able to use the labels already assigned
# to the lines .. rather than having to manually respecify the labels for
# the legend

mylines=ax.get_lines()
# mylables=ax.get_line_labels() I WISH THIS WAS POSSIBLE !!

# this is one line may wrap in the email message
figlegend = fig0.legend(mylines,
('FSA-Load-Pct','FSB-Load-Pct','Heap-Use-Pct'), loc=(0.5,0.01),
prop=matplotlib.font_manager.FontProperties(size='smaller'))

Thanks
Andy