Alan G Isaac wrote:
> I'm not understanding facecolor and edgecolor.
> In the code below (on Windows, with TkAgg)
> I get the facecolor displayed but not the
> edgecolor, and the saved figure shows *neither*.
> Why?  (version is 0.98.1)

It looks to me like a bug plus a feature.  The bug is that in the screen
display, the edgecolor can get lost, presumably clipped.  On my system
(linux, gtkagg) the edgecolor is visible only along the top.

The feature is that by design, the figure edgecolor and facecolor have
to be specified separately for saving versus screen display.  This
prevents the screen default grey background from being printed.  Maybe
there needs to be a savefig option, possibly set via rcParams, to defeat
this behavior and simply use the screen settings. At present, you can
set the savefig colors in rcParams or via savefig kwargs.  Is this adequate?

Eric