I zoomed into the plot to see if the whiskers are usually being plotted.
There seems like a vertical line plotted over lower part of the boxplot,
however not in the right place.

I am attaching the simple text file that has the quartile values in it. I
run ipython --pylab and do the following for a simple test.

d = loadtxt('tas', skiprows=2)

# for a one line testing
boxplot(d[0][8:])

# all boxplots in one plot