Eric Firing schrieb:
> Christian K. wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> is it possible to map a certain range within the value-range of a image plot
>> a constant value? Currently I am overlaying a filled contour plot with just
>> two
>> contour levels on top of an image plot. This works, but I would like to
>> display
>> the plateau in the colorbar as well, so that the color changes continously
>> over
>> the whole value range but in the specified range where it should remain
>> white.
>> I guess I would need a special colormapper to achieve that.
>
> Yes. See
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/custom_cmap.html
> for an explanation of how to make one.
>
> Actually, you can achieve what you want with either a special cmap, or
> with a special norm.  I don't think we have any examples of the latter.

Tahsnk, Eric. I know understand how to create a discontinous colormap.
However I cannot think of an elegant way how to map the data value range
to the [0,1] color map range so that always the _value_ range between
e.g. 0.41 and 0.43 will be displayed white regardless of the lower and
upper bounds of the data value range.

Regards, Christian