I'm trying to get approx 4k points plotted into 5 subplots which I would
like interactive (ie: ability to zoom/pan ...).
there's nothing special except that the subplots share axe x.

It gets some seconds (3 to 5) on a p4 dual core @ 3Ghz to pan/zoom. It
seems utterly slow to me: what do you think? normal "rate" or flawed code?
I tried using various backend, embedding it into qt4 ... nothing helped
much.

the code is quite fat atm (500 lines or so). I'll try to cut through the
code to get an example in a few lines if it's said my code is flawed and
the plotting rate should be way faster!
----
This message contains confidential information and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you have received this message by mistake, please
immediately notify us and delete the original message. Thank you.

Ce message contient des informations confidentielles.  S'il vous est parvenu
par erreur, merci de bien vouloir nous en aviser par retour, de n'en faire
aucun usage et de n'en garder aucune copie.
----