Do not reply to me only, but always leave the list in CC.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 18:41, M Uhlenhuth <uhlenhu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response!
>
> Yes, have installed:
> python2.5: version 2.5.4-1ubuntu4
> python-dev: version 2.6.2-0ubuntu1
> python-numpy: version 1:1.2.1-1ubuntu1
> libpng12-0: version 1.2.27-2ubuntu2
> libfreetype6: version 2.3.9-4ubuntu-0.1
> libfreetype6-dev: version 2.3.9-4ubuntu-0.1
>
> Is the issue that I'm using python-dev version 2.6 for python version 2.5?
> If so... I can't figure out how to add python-dev version 2.5... in Synaptic
> Package Manager the only available python-dev package is 2.6 - I can't
> "Force Version" to get 2.5 and I'm not sure whether I would mess anything up
> elsewhere on my system by substituting 2.5 for 2.6.

Sorry, I'm not a ubuntu user, so I can't exactly tell how to do it. Of
course the devel package version mismatch the interpreter one, and
that's a problem for sure.

if you don't have a python2.5-dev or a python-all-dev IO think you
can't find an easy solution; since numpy does not yet support py2.6,
building mpl with 2.6 is still not a solution.