Alan G Isaac <alan.is...@...> writes:
> On 5/18/2009 4:27 PM Yannick Copin apparently wrote:
> > super-mongo WINDOW command (e.g.
> > http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~rhl/sm/sm.html#SYN83)
>
> The functionality is good,
> but the syntax is awful.

It might not be crystal clear indeed at 1st glance, but once you get used
to it (as I got used to sm-WINDOW command), it is fairly trivial to
pre-visualize. And IMHO it would have the advantage of conciseness while
an easy extension to subplot.

> subplot2grid(loc=(0,0), rowspan=2, colspan=3)
>
> would confuse nobody (or so I claim).

Most probably... but me: I did not catch what subplot2grid(loc=(0,0),
rowspan=2, colspan=3) should actually do. What would be the syntax for
the following layouts?

+-----+-----+
|     | ax2 |
| ax1 +-----+