So, my code has been running without flaw for quite some time now, and
thanks to the help of some folks here a few months back, I'm learning
more about matplotlib.  But today I hit a wall.

Under matplotlib 0.91.2/Py2.5, I'm getting this graph:
http://joshuakugler.com/images/good_graph.png

Very nice, that's what I want!

But when I started running under matplotlib 0.98.5.2/Py2.6, I started
getting this:

http://joshuakugler.com/images/bad_scale.png

Not happy.  I finally realized that autoscaling was enable for the
secondary y axis (right side), even though it's explicitly turned off
for the primar y axis (left side).  So, I turn autoscaling off for the
secondary axis and got this:

http://joshuakugler.com/images/bad_noscale.png

Better (proper range) but I have numbers instead of dates.

No, I haven't assembled a minimal test case (this is quite a complex
system, I spent several hours on this thinking I had broken my code
until it occurred to me to run it on an old Py2.5/mpl 0.91.2 setup),
and no I haven't trolled the changelogs to see what change in behavior
I might have hit, but I was wondering if anyone any ideas of what I
need to be checking off the top of their heads.

I can tell you: the problem only occurrs on graphs that have a secondary
y axis, as you can see, the humidity graph is just fine.

Ideas? Sections of the manual I need to read?

I'm frustrated and burnt out from trying to figure this out, so I'm done
for the night...hopefully I'll have fresh insights and/or ideas come
morning.

P.S. Oh, and there is also a nice traceback I'm getting on other graphs
that seems to be related to this glitch, but I'll wait until I have the
first glitch fixed as the second glitch may get fixed in the process.

--
Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer