--- On Tue, 5/19/09, Thomas Pfaff <y...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Now, here at work I have to use a Windows PC and PowerPoint
> and graphics just look best in PowerPoint if they are in
> EMF format. Funny enough there seems to be no converter on
> the market to properly convert any other vector format
> matplotlib can produce to EMF.

Have you tried pstoedit? On Windows, it can convert to EMF.

> If not, what would you think would be the effort and the
> time needed to port the emf-backend to the latest version
> of matplotlib?

As far as I can tell, pyemf currently does not contain all the features needed
for a fully-functioning matplotlib backend. In particular, bitmap support (to
include images in the EMF) and text metrics are missing. So you won't be able
to calculate the correct position of text. You'll probably end up with a
backend that is less than satisfactory. You may be better off using the
postscript or SVG backend, apply a (PS,SVG)-to-EMF converter, and if that
doesn't work perfectly, fix the converter rather than matplotlib's EMF backend.

--Michiel.