Hi all,

I'm new to pylab/matplotlib, so perhaps I am making a mistake here,
but when I try to save a plot under Windows as a png file, the program
crashes (pdf works fine).

This is the short script I am running:

-------------

import pylab as plt

plt.grid(True)

# plot a point
x = 1.5
y = 0.7
plt.plot([x], [y], 'ro')

plt.show()
#plt.savefig('plot_point2.pdf')
plt.savefig('plot_point2.png')

Win XP Prof, SP 2. Downloaded maptplotlib 0.98.5.3 today along with
numpy 1.3.0 (running Python 2.6.1).

Can someone else reproduce this problem? Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Esmail