Hi!  I just tried the draggable rectangle "extra credit" example from:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/event_handling.html
and as it is, it doesn't work.  In the on_press method, I had to change:

x0,y0=self.rect.xy to:
x0=self.rect.get_x()
y0=selft.rect.get_y()

which then works, but I find that despite using the blitting technique,
there is a significant lag in the redraws...

Thanks,
William
(I am using the QT4Agg backend and version 0.98.3, revision 5941)