Tom Vaughan wrote:
>> post some code
>>

> I thought this might be required...
>
> So the whole thing is excessively complex.

It can be very instructive to write a little app that just tests the
issue at hand -- it may help you figure out what's wrong, and if not,
you will have a self-contained sample that you can post here for feedback.

> I think the relevant parts are:
>
>                 from matplotlib.figure import Figure

>                 self.__axl = self.figure.gca()

I don't know what your issue is, but I thin you will be ell served to
use the OO interface, rather than pylab to write a complex app like this
-- pylab is designed for simple interactive use and quick scripts. In an
app, you want full control.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov