JPKay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now that I have correctly imported the NetCDF file and set up the kind of
> projection I am interested in having the data displayed over I am having
> trouble plotting my data with the quiver function. I am interested in
> plotting the principal vectors of the stress field onto a Mercator
> projection.
> My netcdf file is telling me the following after "ncdump -h"
> dimensions:
>       nsr_delta = 20 ;
>       time = 24 ;
>       latitude = 37 ;
>       longitude = 73 ;
> variables:
>       float nsr_delta(nsr_delta) ;
>               nsr_delta:units = "" ;
>               nsr_delta:long_name = "NSR Surface Delta (mu/(eta*omega))" ;
>       float time(time) ;
>               time:units = "degrees" ;
>               time:long_name = "degrees after periapse" ;
>       float latitude(latitude) ;
>               latitude:units = "degrees_north" ;
>               latitude:long_name = "latitude" ;
>       float longitude(longitude) ;
>               longitude:units = "degrees_east" ;
>               longitude:long_name = "longitude" ;
>       float Ttt_D(time, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Ttt_D:units = "Pa" ;
>               Ttt_D:long_name = "north-south component stress of Diurnal
> stresses" ;
>       float Tpt_D(time, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Tpt_D:units = "Pa" ;
>               Tpt_D:long_name = "shear component of Diurnal stresses" ;
>       float Tpp_D(time, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Tpp_D:units = "Pa" ;
>               Tpp_D:long_name = "east-west component of Diurnal stresses" ;
>       float Ttt_N(nsr_delta, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Ttt_N:units = "Pa" ;
>               Ttt_N:long_name = "north-south component of NSR stresses" ;
>       float Tpt_N(nsr_delta, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Tpt_N:units = "Pa" ;
>               Tpt_N:long_name = "shear component of NSR stresses" ;
>       float Tpp_N(nsr_delta, latitude, longitude) ;
>               Tpp_N:units = "Pa" ;
>               Tpp_N:long_name = "east-west component of NSR stresses" ;
>
> // global attributes:
>               :description = "Testing pySatStress on a regular grid" ;
>               :history = "Created: Mon Jun 15 12:46:13 2009 using
> pySatStress" ;
>               :Conventions = "COARDS" ;
> However, when I am strugglingto use the quiver_demo.py as a guide to making
> my quiver plot.
> Thanks for any help you can offer.
> Jon

Jon:  Have you looked the quiver_demo.py in the basemap examples?  If
so, what problems did you have adopting that code?

As always, a simple script demonstrating your problem is most helpful.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449