On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Fabrice Silva<si...@lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:
> Le lundi 29 juin 2009 à 07:51 -0400, Pierre GM a écrit :
>> Check the plotting routines in scikits.timeseries
>> (pytseries.sourceforge.net), there's some zooming functions that could
>> get you started.
>
> Thanks to point to this scikit, but I looked into the lib.plotlib
> module, and I didn't manage to find something looking like the 'zoom
> effect' Chaco provides...
>
> I merely wanted to add a Polygon patch between the upper and the lower
> subplots, but using data coordinates from these axes.
> --

I have been wondering the same issue whether Chaco's nice zoom plot
could be made possible in Matplotlib. I don't have an answer for this
yet. If you come up with one, please let me know.

In the mean time, you can take a look at: http://www.simile-widgets.org/

They have some interesting and eye-catching time-series plots for
web-demonstrations.

Gökhan