Mauro Cavalcanti wrote:
> Dear Jeff & ALL,
>
> In trying to freeze my app using bb-freeze
> (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bbfreeze/), I stumbled upon a problem:
> the app is correctly freezed, but it then looks for the Basemap
> datafiles and since cannot find them, fails to start (with a message
> complaining that the above mentioned files are missing). So, my
> question is: can Basemap data files be installed in a directory other
> than the default one? And if so, how to instruct a program to look for
> them in another location?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Best regards,

Mauro:  If you set the env var BASEMAPDATA, it will look for the basemap
data files there.  There is no way supported way to install the files in
a different directory using setup.py, so if you want them somewhere
other than the default location you'll have to install them there manually.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449