On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM, John [H2O]<washa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a script looping through and plotting 100's of figures. It runs fine,
> but after the first few plots, the loop considerably slows down and the
> memory usage keeps going up.
>
> The script is quite complicated, so can't really paste it here, but I am
> trying to pass figure instances around and I am trying to reuse the
> axes/figures... but maybe someone could demonstrate how this is done
> efficiently?

You either need to close the figure in the loop, or reuse the same
figure and cla it, eg

for i in range(1000):
    fig = plt.figure()
    # plot something
    plt.close(fig)

or explicitly reuse the same fig by giving a figure number and clearing it:

for i in range(1000):
    fig = plt.figure(1)
    # plot something
    fig.cla()