Hi Jouni,

Jouni K. Seppänen wrote:

> jan_strube <curious...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Do you mean that saving as pdf from the qt4agg backend causes the same
> error, or is there a different error raised from that particular
> backend? When you save as pdf, you (usually) invoke the pdf backend, no
> matter what interactive backend you use.

Yes, same error.

> Thank you for the report and the example! I think I have fixed this for
> the svg and pdf backends, but the PostScript backend still needs work.

The pdf example seems to somewhat work, both on mac os x and on linux. The
hatch lines are really faint, but I can probably play with the matplotlibrc
settings to fix that.
The svg works on linux, but not quite on mac osx.
Safari complains:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 354 at column 2372: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Thanks for the fix.
Cheers,
    Jan

--