On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Jouni K. Seppänen <j...@iki.fi> wrote:

> davide lasagna <lasagnadav...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > ImportError:
> > /home/davide/partizione/matplotlib/lib/matplotlib/_path.so: failed to
> > map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
> >
> > Could it be that i've installed in the wrong directory? If yes how can
> > i cope with this?
>
> Apparently this could be caused by SELinux (good luck with configuring
> that correctly), or perhaps your /home filesystem is mounted with the
> noexec option to prevent users from running their own code. Ask your
> system administrator how to install libraries so that Python can call
> dlopen on them.
>
> --
> Jouni K. Seppänen
> http://www.iki.fi/jks

I also have been bitten by SELinux a couple times. On my personal Fedora 11
laptop, and previously on FC10 my resolution was to completely disable
SELinux to eliminate installation and running issues.

Fortunately, I have not dealt with administrative restrictions on our
machines that sit in the lab. Once I heard of a complain in this regard
sys-admin will be the first to know after me :)

--
Gökhan