The problem:
I have files with time versus signal data of a large series of measurements.
The python application (using wxPython actually) scans the file, applies
some math (numpy/scipy) on each record of data and than must show the signal
as a plot. After clicking OK the next record of measurement data is
processed and  shown. So I do need some construct that allows showing a
series of figure one after the other. My solution works ok but I would think
that there should be an elegant shortcut that directly scales the
mathplotlib figure to a bitmap that can be shown.
Does that better explain the purpose of my question?
Cheers,Janwillem