Hi Everyone,

I have been using matplotlib for quite some time now.
However I have a few questions regarding the handling of text in title
and axis labels.
When creating an image using subplot the title and axis label text
tends to overlap.
Is there an option to prevent this.
Of course one can do this manually but this requires inspection of the
image and adjustment.
It would be very helpful if this is done automatically (even better
when it would be the default option).
Furthermore the x-, y-axis ticks are automatically displayed with some
part stripped which is displayed separately as a number to be added.
I would really like to have the following options.
1. option to force display of the full number on each tick (with the
option to display the numbers at an angle to prevent overlapping).
2. option to specify the number to be subtracted manually (to make it
a round number).
3. option to specify the precision or scientific notation of both the
ticks and the number to be added.
Is this currently possible?
And if not would you be willing to add these options?
In my humble opinion the first option should at least be part of the
pyplot commands as it is needed often by me and my colleagues.

Kind regards,

Pim Schellart