On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Christophe
Dupre<christophe.du...@vhayu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've been playing with the animation_blit_gtk2 example
> (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/animation_blit_gtk2.html
>
> ) and the latest version of matplotlib version 0.99.0-RC1.
>
> I've modified the example so that it displays candlesticks moving towards
> the lelf. The example is attached if anybody is interested.
>

> In my example, I'm using 1 minute bars and therefore I would like to shift
> the graph by 1 minute instead of a few pixels. Is there a way to convert a
> time difference into pixels?

The "get_dx_data" method coverts a pixel offset to a data offset.
So, what you need is just to invert it.
This requires some knowledge of transformation, but I guess the code
is rather self-explanatory.

For example,  something like below will work (sorry, I haven't
actually tested the code)

    def get_dx_pixel(self, dx_data):
        tp = self.ax.transData.transform_point
        x0, y0 = tp((0, 0))