Hi,
   I noticed a minor problem when matplolib embedded in Qt and used
NavigationTollbar Save button.
   When I press Save button and select from File type combo some format (PDF or
any other) but don't change defaul filename "image" the figure always saved in
PNG format. So if i want to save figure in format different from PNG I must not
only select desired file type, but also change default filename to another one.
   Is this bug or maybe this is a feature?

Tested on Windows XP Pro SP3, Python 2.5.2, matplotlib-0.98.5.2 and
matplotlib-0.99.0, PyQt 4.4.3

--
Alexander Bruy
mailto: alexander.b...@gmail.com