Hello,

I'm totally new to matplotlib, so sorry if the question is stupid.

I'm trying this slightly modified example from the examples page

from pylab import *
A = rand(5,5)
figure(1)
imshow(A, interpolation='bicubic')
show()
close(1)

A = rand(5,5)
figure(2)
imshow(A, interpolation='bicubic')
show()
close(2)

The first figure is drawn without problems but after closing it (by clicking
the cross in the upper
right corner of the window) the second figure cannot be plot anymore. What I
wanted to do was
to visualize all selected files of a directory one after the other. To do
this I want to close the old
figure and then the new figure should com up as long as there is a file to
visualize left. Unfortunaltely
only the first figure is shown as in the simple example.
So, what's wrong?

I'm using Windows XP and the newst version of matplotlib.