Thats good information to have gathered! It sure will be usefull.
Have you look into the new html5's video tag? You can directly embed ogg in
a page, without flash or any other plugin. Firefox 3.5 supports that, I
think Safari would work too.
See this page for information (and look up the source)
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/video/