Jouni K. Seppänen wrote:
> "Werner F. Bruhin" <werner.bru...@free.fr> writes:
>

>>> I think this has been fixed on the trunk for good, by changing all
>>> docstring modifications to use decorators (defined in docstring.py) that
>>> check for nonexistent docstrings. The changes are perhaps too big to
>>> apply on the 0.99 branch.
>>>

>> As it is fixed in trunk is there a need/much use for a patch to 0.99?
>> I.e. how far of is the next release which includes what ever is in
>> trunk?
>>

> I think John Hunter said somewhere that he plans to release 1.0 in a few
> months, but software release schedules are notoriously difficult to
> estimate, and with volunteer-driven open-source software even more so. I
> think the answer depends on how many people use py2exe, about which I
> have absolutely no idea.

I don't think it is worse a patch as the work around is very easy.  I
documented what is needed for a py2exe setup.py with mpl 0.99 on the
py2exe site at the end of the following page
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/MatPlotLib .

While doing this I noted one more problem if one uses backend_wx, the
wxPython version check will always fail if py2exe'd.  I added "if not
hasattr(sys, 'frozen'):" on line 113 and indented lines 114 to 131.
Hopefully someone could make this change for the next version of mpl.

Werner