Hello,

I have two figures, one with mpl's mathtext and the other one with the latex
as seen on the uploaded images:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9384/mathtext.png

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5128/usetex.png

1-) How can I use the same fonts of mathtext figure (tick and label texts)
on the latex one?

2-) When I use mathtext, I always get an extra space after the math term (in
my case, after mm^-1). This doesn't happen when I use latex however I do not
know how to use same font for both ticks, labels and equations.

3-) Both in mathtext and latex mode, if the term I use cannot be parsed
correctly I get a super long error notifications. Couldn't this be made
friendlier?

Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks,

--