<phob...@geosyntec.com> writes:

> |C:\Documents and Settings\phobson>ipython26 -pylab

Could you try this in plain Python? I'm asking because you seem to be
getting an IPython warning about a possibly corrupted traceback:

> ERROR: An unexpected error occurred while tokenizing input
> The following traceback may be corrupted or invalid
> The error message is: ('EOF in multi-line statement', (550, 0))

I suggest you write your commands in a script and run it with

python script.py --verbose-debug

so that we can get a better picture of where it is going wrong.

Also, does it matter that you are using Qt4Agg? You can test this by
trying

python script.py -d pdf --verbose-debug

If that works, then the problem could be related to Qt4Agg specifically,
but if it fails, it is somewhere else.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks