We have recently switched to matplotlib after having done all plotting with
pure wxPython for years.

There is one problem we cannot solve. With wxPython we are free to set the
geometry (position and size) of each Frame anywhere on the screen. We have
developed a heuristic solution which packs the Frames automatically according
to a pattern that can be recognized after a user has manually repositioned a
few Frames on the screen. For example, some users tend to align their figures
in a row, others subdivide the available space for different groups of figures,
and so on. Please let us know if anyone is interested to integrate this
heuristic packing into matplotlib.

The important question is:
How can we set the position of a Figure on the screen using matplotlib? There
is a function Figure.set_size_inches, but no function to move the Figure to a
new position. Please help.

Regards,
Marie

Massenmails.