Hi, all.

I am unable to import matplotlib.pylab.

When I run the following command:
python -c "import matplotlib.pylab"
the application crashes with a windows error message.

Running with the -v option shows that the application crashes at the following
stage:
import matplotlib.transforms

>From previous posts on this mailing list, others have encountered similar (but
>perhaps not quite the same?) problems. I followed some of the advice and
>downloaded the dependency walker software from
>http://www.dependencywalker.com. Dependency Walker says that the following
>DLLs are missing for _path.pyd:
MSVCP90.DLL, MSVCR90.DLL, DWMAPI.DLL, EFSADU.DLL.

(Indeed I tried many .pyd files from C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib
and all of them gave similar error messages.)

Any idea how I can get these DLLs (they aren't in C:\Windows\System32) or,
indeed, whether this is the actual solution to the problem?

I have the following versions:

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Python 2.6
Matplotlib 0.99.1

Python and Matplotlib were binaries downloaded from sourceforge.net.

Thanks,
Dilip.