Quoting Matthias Michler on 01/08/2010 08:00 AM:
> Hi Renato,
>
> I think you have to flip the x-axis of the left plot by for instance
> ax1 = subplot(121, xlim=(1, 0))
> and I think than hist(data, orientation='horizontal') or manually using
> barh-plots works fine.
>
> Kind regards,
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your tip, this solved the first problem.

But it seems the approach I was trying is not as flexible as I thought
it would be.

Right now I'm trying mpl_toolkits.axes_grid.axes_divider but I still
have a problem on locating the yaxis labels in a centered format.

Anyway this is a bit out of the scope of the initial thread.

Thanks again.

Renato