It is very simple to change key-assignment. Take a look at the
backend_bases.py code (search for event.key instances) :

        elif event.key == 'L':

I was thinking to move y-scaling to "y" and x-scaling to "x" but x and y are
assigned to something else (
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/navigation_toolbar.html)

For me toggling "k" is simpler for me than doing Shift-L.

Maybe these options could be provided in the matplotlibrc file. Users can
make their key mapping based on their choice. That requires some more coding
:)

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Matthias Michler
<matthiasmich...@gmx.net>wrote:

> Hi Gökhan, Hi list members,
>
> This is really a missing feature in matplotlib in my opinion and it's great
> that you took the time to make an suggestion, but I would prefer capital
> "L"
> for the xaxis-scaling like gnuplot although I'm not sure this is possible.
>
> What do you and other list members think about that?
>
> Kind regards,
> Matthias
>
> On Thursday 21 January 2010 19:45:37 Gökhan Sever wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > "l" key does the log - linear scaling for y-axis. I have made a minor
> > change to use "k" for x-axis scaling.
> >
> > Patch added. Feel free to add if you find it useful.

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Gökhan