Pierre Raybaut a écrit :
> 2010/2/6 Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoqu...@normalesup.org>:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 11:27:50AM +0100, Pierre Raybaut wrote:
>> When you start having a somewhat complex set of functions that call
>> each other, or when you are getting failures with somebody else's code,
>> this is priceless. This is so useful that to debug some code that, when I
>> am trying to understand why some code is not working the way it should
>> be, I will purposely add an exception, to be able to introspect the code.
>> Granted, adding pdb.set_trace() will work without IPython[*], but I find
>> it very useful.
>>
>> [*] It will not work in Spyder as it is quite challenging to have these
>> features requiring user terminal interaction in a GUI.
>>

> Actually it works in Spyder too (in the external console which is
> executed in a another process).
> ;-)
>
> -Pierre

Two screenshots to prove it :-)

Running an example script including "pdb.set_trace()" in the external
console:
http://spyderlib.googlegroups.com/web/pdb_test.png
Executing the same script from a Python interpreter within the external
console:
http://spyderlib.googlegroups.com/web/pdb_test2.png

-Pierre