Hi Filipe,

you can fist use the quiver() function in the classic way for stick plots,
then use gca().xaxis_date().

Here is a simple example :

import pylab as P
# t may be generated using date2num()
t = P.arange(100,110,.1)
u = P.sin(t)
v = P.cos(t)
P.quiver([t],[[0]*len(t)],u,v)
P.gca().xaxis_date()
P.show()

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes <
ocef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to create a stick-plot figure using the quiver function from
> matplotlib. However, I'm failing miserably to plot dates in the x-axis. Has
> anyone done this before? Also, is there an effort to create a stickplot
> function?
>
> Thanks, Filipe

> Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes
>
> University of Massachusetts Dartmouth