Thank you for the code below. Yes, it actually does what I want it  to
do. The difference in what I did similarly yesterday (see my response to
Philipp moments ago) is the [ ], a list. All this  for one simple bit of
list notation.

Somehow I'm not getting through to anyone what I have actually read. I
do not plan to repeat it again here.  If I have some time in the near
future, I will write a line by line criticism of the basic tutorial. OK,
maybe the first page*. I already made some remarks about 5-6 days ago
about that document. I think it was that one.  I'll submit it to one of
the lists John provided on where I should send issues about the guide.

Now to put an end to the show() question. See my next post in a few
minutes. Subject is down another pathway I think.

* Subject is "FAQ Page Needs Some Work"

--
"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good
news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet