16/02/10 @ 16:20 (-0500), thus spake Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes:
> "\\"  works for titles and label, but not for DateFormatter, but \vspace did
> the trick!
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> ps: I'm new to python, but maybe there is a way to mix Latex and unicode?

Yes, the inputenc package from latex lets you use unicode.
Try adding this to your script:
plt.rc('text.latex', preamble='\usepackage[utf]{inputenc}')

Note that this setting is not officially supported, whatever
that means :)

I also like the txfonts package:
\usepackage[varg]{txfonts}

which changes the default font to Times, including the text in
mathematical expressions. It looks great.

Cheers.

Ernest