Hi,

I work with neural models and I have problem with plotting fast spiking data.
The spikes on the plot appear to have different hight which changes when I for
example resize the plot window. The same problem is with saving data into
files, especially in vector formats. I found the information about changing the
join style, it helps a bit (rounded is the best) but doesn't solve the problem.
For raster formats the workaround is to save the data in higher resolution,
using DPI option. Below I included links to examples.

Normal example (100 DPI):
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3NZY3443E1VY2JjNTc3MjAtZDI5NC00OThjLTgwY2EtNTVhMDVkZWQ2YzIw&hl=en

Example 300 DPI:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3NZY3443E1VNDdkMzUzNzAtMjdmNC00NjFmLTliMzMtODE5MzExMmNjNjQz&hl=en

The problem is vector files (I'm especially interested in EPS) ignore DPI
option. I've experimented with different backends and the problem is persistent
on GUI and 'file-writting' back ends. I also tested it on Linux and Mac, and
the outcome does't change. Creating larger figures sometimes helps a bit but
not always solve the problem.

Just to mention that plotting this kind of data is possible 'out of the box'
in Matlab or XPPAut (which is not the most fancy plotting tool) I get a proper
outcome. Maybe there should be a option to plot raw data in some sense, or join
style function that deals with such a plots in a proper fashion.

If you need some additional information do not hesitate to ask. Thanks for the
help in advance.

Cheers,

Jakub