Wayne Watson wrote:
> Strange that there wouldn't be any such demos. ;-)

I've got a small prototype app that embeds MPL in wxPython, bundled up
with py2exe (and py2app for the Mac). It's 11.7MB, if you want me to
mail it to you.

Bundled up python apps tend to be big, they have to include all of:

-Your code (not usually very big)

-Python itself (fairly big)

-The gui toolkit (wxPython is very big)

-Any other packages you are using.

Bandwidth and disk space, and memory are cheaper than they used to be,
so it's not that big a deal, really.

 > However, I'm now  rolling my own.

always a good lesson, anyway.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov