Hi Jae-Joon,

Thanks for your quick reply! Since for example LineCollections can be created
independent of the Axes in which they are going to be plotted through the
creation of a LineCollection instance, would it not be possible to have a
method that allows one to retrieve an Axes-independent LineCollection from an
Axes instance? (for example a get_collection method) This would then allow one
to 'recycle' existing collections.

Cheers,

Thomas