On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Rachel-Mikel Arce Jaeger
<rachel-mikel_arcejae...@hmc.edu> wrote:
> Ryan's code works great - thanks!
>
> The only problem I have is that show() never terminates? If I force terminate
> it and close the figure, then all I ever have to do is call draw() and the
> figure reappears, but I have to call show() at least once, or else the figure
> will never appear. I don't want my program to create a figure until I
> absolutely have to, but I want to avoid non-termination and force-termination
> as well. Is there a way to do that?

You really should only call show() once (because it starts the event
loops for the user interface), usually at the end of your script,
which will bring up all of the figures.  The script will then exit
when you close all of the figures.

If you're doing interactive work, you probably want to look into
something like ipython (http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/) which makes
working with plots interactively a breeze.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant