Dears Sandro & Darren,

First of all, thank you *very much* for the fast reply!

Let's see... I have the same problem (no graphics display) with either
Python and IPython. BTW, in previous versions of Python which I'v used
(2.3, 2.4, and 2.5) Matplotlib graphic backends always worked quite
well.

I forgot to mention that I'm using the default version of Matplotlib
that comes with Jaunty and it is quite old (0.98.5.2). Should I will
try to reinstall it from the sources (easy_install only finds the old
version)?

I will check the matplotlibrc, but why should the Agg default backend not work?

With best regards,

--
Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti
P.O. Box 46521, CEP 20551-970