I'm having a problem with the rendering of stixsans fonts again. Not
as bad as the baseline before, but some odd text placement:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from matplotlib import rcParams
rcParams['font.size'] = 8.0
rcParams['mathtext.default'] = 'regular'
rcParams['mathtext.fontset'] = 'stixsans'
fig = plt.figure(dpi=100)
plt.text(0.5,0.5,'$Velocity \,Spectrum \, (m \,s^{-1})$')
plt.show()

I've attached images from both the 'regular' setting above and for
'mathtext.default' set to 'rm', which actually makes things
worse. It's also quite noticable for larger font sizes with 'rm'.

Thoughts?

Ryan